The Odeo Flare MK3 is the new alternative to the traditional red pyrotechnic hand-held distress flare. It is similar in size to traditional flares, but instead of using dangerous explosives to burn, it uses battery powered light emitting diodes.
Traditional flares will burn for around 30 seconds before extinguishing: the Odeo Flare 'burns' for around 5 hours at full illumination. Because no pyrotechnics are used, the Odeo Flare is totally safe when switched off, and because it uses battery power (high power lithium iron-disulphide cells), it can even be safely posted or carried in baggage on flights.
Whilst originally designed for marine use, its lightweight, safe performance means that it is incredibly useful for any outdoor activity - Mountaineering,kayaking skiing, expeditions.
Batteries included : 3 x Lithium L91
- No heat, no flames, no risk
- No explosive compounds for shipping or disposal
- Increased Safety
- Longer operating life
- Supplied with Wrist Strap
- Search and Rescue aircraft safe
- Tested to 50 meters for 1 hour
- Replaceable L91 ( AA) Lithium Batteries Included
- Buoyant : Yes
- Power Supply : 3 x L91 lithium iron-disulphide cells included
- Endurance : 6 hours at full illumination, thereafter at reduced power
- Light Source : 21 independently driven diodes
- Pulse Duration : Programmed flicker with a break to transmit the SOS signal
- Length ; 265 mm
- Width : 50 mm
- Weight : 330 gm